Monday, June 15, 2009

It just occurred to me ...

"Give me a prejudice and I shall move the world"

It was a late night 'maal party' at Mitra's place, and we were watching 'once', a musical. A good movie, I must say, and at places inspiring and heart-wrenching. The movie ended but the humming tune was hovering in the dim-lit ambience, and to me suddenly it seemed the most beautiful tune in the world. At times, I really feel sad that I cannot play the guitar. It's become like that childish dream of being 'Tipu Sultan' someday.

The ambience gave way to the famous (?) 'bhalo bhaat', a form of highly productive and construtive gossiping that only few have mastered till date. It started with the never-cliched topic , 'dream of being something someday'... and converged to 'love' in no time, I realised I am slowly getting intoxicated. I know this has happened to me always, in every sessions of these 'maal party's and 'bhaat's, I get that strange drowning feeling, as if I am getting drowned slowly in a quick-sand and I am enjoying every bit of it.Inevitably her face 'flashes upon my inward eyes'... I was thinking of the short story I've written sometimes back..

'Ekta sesh biplober opekkhay,
Rupkothara matha rakhe ashtray-r kole'

'I.. I don't know .. What do you think, revolution exists? .. Somehow, all these terms 'revolution', 'change' somehow sounds too much phoney to me.. somehow.. I can't believe in all these shit..'

'I think, rather I believe it exists, but I also know that my life is too short to witness one .. but maybe when it does there will be a contribution from me, the dreamer's contribution.. I believe in revolution, for I know it will be there one day, and we just cannot fail to recognise when it's there.. we, the dreamers are a minority..and that's why we hold strong to our beliefs.. and that's where we pass/fail ..'

The smoking ace drew a last cigarette from his case and in the dim light he could see a climax he has never written before, it was her, and she was laughing hysterically... and as she laughed like a lunatic.. her face was covered with certain grimness that he'd never seen before .. and he suddenly thought 'revolution' can never exist .. at least for him.. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment