Monday, June 15, 2009

I need you

I need you
I was going to write something about my old wallet, but suddenly it seemed ridiculous. Yes, it's torn and almost unusable, the wallet that felt happy with even a hunderd rupee note cannot any more stand the friction of my credit cards. Maybe, it will leave me soon and a branded new one will replace the 'Shreeleather's dirty sack, still ..
I was almost a kid then, and like every other kid of my age, a huge fan of Suman Chattopadhyay.. there was a time I didn't read Rabi Thakur, but I knew the whole of 'Bose Aanko' or 'Jatismar' .. I don't remenber why he ever stopped, or, even if he had stopped at all..but, somehow we were left orphan .. I heard there was some problem, I didn't believe a single news that spoke bad about him.. I felt defeated.. Maybe, for the reason that he was the first person in my life I felt I have some kind of unseen resonance ..
And then it came, I saw it on the third page of Anandabazaar Patrika, trying to peep out from a pageful of Basak Jewellers and D.K.Lodh's... he's there again, the album, as I remember was named 'Reaching Out'.. the small ad had lines of a song, rendition of the 'Tomake Chai' .. in a somewhat different mood.. I saved the cutting in my diary and many times thought I'd whisper it on one of the never-ending calls to the ones I really wanted ..
I don't remember how many years passed by and how many such songs I have whispered to the women on those endless nights... The small paper-cutting still resides in my torn wallet, the lines never uttered ...


In the trails of the evening breeze,
In a drop of peace, in a moment's ease
In a tired, half-hearted smile,
In a comfort that's so fragile,
In the secret nook of a hidden wish,
In a fantasy you may call childish,
In my dreams, in my foolishness
In the depth of my emptiness ..
I need you ..

No comments:

Post a Comment